Our newest segment Food Fix looks at foods that studies suggest will help improve your health and aid in fighting common illnesses. With the focus on iron this week, our resident kitchen whiz Nikki Heyder has the perfect lamb and lentil stew to keep you toasty warm during the cooler months and boost your iron intake at the same time.
- Olive oil
- Brown onion
- Ground coriander
- Soaked lentils
- Fresh celery
- Chopped carrots
- Tinned tomatoes
- Dice the lamb, trimming the excess fat.
- Sear the lamb in a well-oiled, hot pan. Cook until browned and then tip into a bowl.
- Pour the remaining olive oil into the same pan, cook the onions until soft.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the garlic and spices and cook until browned.
- Add in the lamb, chopped carrots, fresh celery and tinned tomatoes.
- Pour in water until covered, stir and cook for half an hour.
- Add the soaked lentils into the mixture and cook for another hour.
- After another hour add in the spinach, chickpeas and herbs.
Tonic TV |T-S031 I S03E02