Asian Chicken Salad – Tonic Food Fix with Nikki Heyder. Chef Nikki Heyder prepares her own take on the paleo diet with her own simple and refreshing Thai chicken salad.
- Red onion, finely sliced
- Carrot, grated
- Chinese cabbage
- Red capsicum, finely sliced
- Red onion
- Bean sprouts
- Fresh Thai basil leaves
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint
- Toasted cashews
- Chicken breast
- Chicken stock
- Fresh lemongrass
- Olive oil
- Chillies, chopped
- Rice wine vinegar
- ½ fresh lime
- Cover the chicken in a saucepan with chicken stock and lemongrass, turn on the heat and poach for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the dressing combine olive oil, chillies, rice wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, honey and tamari.
- Finely cut the cabbage and place in the salad bowl.
- Once the chicken has cooled, slice, shred with your hands and place in the bowl.
- Into the bowl, add the other salad ingredients including the herbs, ½ the cashews and ¾ of the grapefruit.
- Carefully toss the salad.
- To make the dressing, put the olive oil, the chillies, the rice wine vinegar, the tamari, honey, the lime juice and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Once combined pour into the salad bowl and mix everything through so all ingredients are coated.
Serve in a salad bowl and garnish with the remaining grapefruit and toasted cashews
To watch all the videos in this series, please click below –
The Origins of Language
What Makes Us Human – https://youtu.be/7vC7NZALZh0
White and Black – https://youtu.be/9oKlK1NuykI
Asian Chicken Salad – Tonic Food Fix – https://youtu.be/t6bXT2KfPYY
For more on Tonic New Season 2016 – https://youtu.be/sjYFMgaxu30
Tonic TV | T-S121 | S05E03